All good things involve pie and learning about social media marketing is no different… On Wednesday evening, Tedesco Building Services, Inc. attended the superb Network and Learn event through the Sterling Heights Regional Chamber of Commerce featuring Brenda Meller of Meller Marketing. Brenda presented “7 ½ Techniques to Guide Leads Into Sales Using Social Media… and Pie.” Who in their right mind would turn down an event when the title includes pie?! (and that is just the start of her genius!)
Brenda Meller is a pie loving, social media marketing guru who has a knack for teaching others how to harness the power of the internet to promote both personal and professional brands. She understands this stuff so well that she has only ever paid for advertising once and that was purely for research purposes- yet she has an amazing internet presence that drives ¾ of all leads to come to her. Wouldn’t it be nice to have your inbox flooded with messages from people wanting to give you money?!?
In addition to teaching others how to use social media, Meller Marketing can also develop and manage marketing campaigns, manage your social media accounts for you and more.
Here are some of the best takeaways from yesterday’s presentation: (so difficult to whittle down the massive list of hot tips!)
- When nviting others to connect on LinkedIn ALWAYS personalize the message but NEVER try to sell in your LinkedIn invitation.
- Facebook Live is useful far beyond when the live broadcast wraps. The videos are saved to an album on your FB page and continue to accrue attention even years later. Pay attention to who is viewing and commenting on them and reach out to those people to connect.
- Connect with the same user across multiple social media platforms. If you connect with Bob on LinkedIn, see if he is also on Twitter or Facebook.
- The Rule of Five: did you know comments of five words or more on a post are recognized by algorithms to be of greater value than those with less? Following this rule will boost your visibility on the internet and social media platforms.
- Follow competitors you aspire to match in sales volume, quality, etc. as they can provide inspiration for your own marketing efforts.
This was a fantastic presentation that provided a wealth of knowledge leaving everyone wanting more. If you are interested in exploring what Brenda Meller can do for you and your business, give her a shout today! She just might show up to your meeting with pie to share…
#socialmediapie #SHRCCI #MellerMarketing #troychamberofcommerce #brendameller #socialmediamarketing